I’m always tossing watermelon with fresh mint, so I decided to see how the two would blend in a smoothie. The result is like a cross between a sweet mint tea and a watermelon agua fresca.
- 2 cups, tightly packed, diced seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar, agave syrup or vanilla sugar
- 3 to 4 ice cubes (more to taste)
- Watermelon balls for garnish
Place all of the ingredients except the watermelon balls in the blender. Blend until frothy, about one minute. Pour into a glass, and garnish with watermelon balls. Serve right away.
Source: Cooking New York Times